Refreshing Our Products – Website & TelSpanWeb
At TelSpan, we continue to strive to allow you to focus on your message – instead of focusing on the technology. Your choice of solutions should be customized to fit your needs without being confusing or overwhelming. However, if you find yourself needing support, you get it – from a real person who works with the technology day in and day out. To achieve these goals, we have again pooled our team and resources together to make additional improvements that will allow you to keep this focus.
For our clients who have been with us over the past several years, you have seen many improvements.
In 2015 we completed a major upgrade to our audio systems. Around the same time we decommissioned a few of our legacy web applications. This was done to ensure the technology you were receiving didn’t just met your expectations, but exceeded them.
This past Thursday, July 21st, we launched our fantastic, new website. This site allows you to understand TelSpan; who we are and what we do – you may even see a few familiar names that you can now put a face to. In the coming days you will see the launch of our detailed Knowledge Base to answer questions as you use your audio or web product in your everyday situations and allow you to better understand the full array of TelSpan services.
To further project our goal of allowing you to focus on your message, we have introduced a new User Interface (UI) to TelSpanWeb. This clean and crisp configuration removes all the gray area – figuratively speaking of course – we like the color. And we didn’t just listen to user feedback about the layout, we also make improvements to the recording and reporting features. But we didn’t just stop there, there’s so much more, see the full list of features and fixes below.
Join Us For Trainings
Please use the following link to join each session.
Monday: New User Training Session 12:30 PM – 1:15 PM EDT
Wednesday: New User Training Session 3:30 PM – 4:15 PM EDT
Friday: Open Discussion Q&A Session 10:30 AM – 11:00 AM EDT
New Features and Enhancements for the Account Center
- UI of the Account Center was redesigned in modern flat Design.
- Allow automatic upload to Account Center after a video in the MP4 recorder has been created.
- Implement logic change so that moderator and guest exit URLs are more descriptive for branded accounts.
- Allow download CSV reports via secure link without user authentication.
- Added support for Opera 15 and newer.
- Added new fields for recordings reporting like duration, date and time or total views.
- Added ability to show/hide in room components like participants, media share or chat.
- Improved the “Flash Player missing” page by making clickable link more obvious.
- Added ability to hide room link on profile in Account Center.
- Improved converted file message in Media Library to “File ready. If needed, click to convert file again”.
- Resolved issue, where personal invitation links didn’t work correctly.
- Resolved issue, where email recipients were displayed incorrectly when adding from AB contacts list.
- Resolved issue where the same user could be added twice to a session from address book.
- Resolved issue where only spaces could be saved as a session password.
- Resolved issue where invitees could not access certain recordings.
- Resolved issue where default image wasn’t displayed after removing profile picture in the Account Center.
- Resolved issue where AB contacts were not exported correctly to CSV.
- Resolved branding issues in German language.
- Resolved an issue where an error was displayed after adding a participant from address book with several email addresses.
- Resolved issue where fields were not highlighted during validation after uploading images of invalid size/format/dimensions in branding interface.
- Resolved layout issues in MS Edge and Safari browsers.
- Resolved issue where Edit / Add image links were displayed incorrectly on Edit Contact panel.
- Resolved issue were the same emails could be added for a single contact / several contacts.
New Features and Enhancements In Room
- New Flat Design for TelSpanWeb User Interface.
- Improved chat permissions to allow private chat with the moderators group.
- Implemented more intuitive startup/stop/close routine for MP4 recorder.
- Implemented error detection logic in phone-only mode and hybrid mode.
- For admins, added Push-To-Talk to list of features that can be enabled/disabled.
- In the auto-record popup, added option to choose online recording or MP4 recording.
- Resolved issue, where video would not start when inviting a participant to video conference.
- Resolved issue where participant was not able to send private chat messages to some moderators.
- Resolved issue where observer’s broadcast wasn’t started after accepting invitation to an Audio/Video conference.
- Fixed issue where the backend administration of certain features was not completely disabling all entry points to the feature.
- Implemented error dialog when trying to upload an avatar that exceeds the maximum dimensions.
- Resolved issue where screen sharing resolution was not scaled properly in OSX.
- Resolved issue where recordings could still be started after the recordings quota was reached.
- On Windows 7, users are now prompted to install a specific missing Windows Update item that is required for the MP4 recorder to function correctly.
- Resolved issue where dial-in popup was shown unexpectedly in the lobby when changing session type.
- Resolved issue were video was stuck in MP4 recordings.
- Fixed issue, where PC audio was not muted when switching from PC audio to phone dial in.
- Added red recording dot that indicates to participants that an MP4 recording of the session is being made.
New Features and Enhancements for Mobile
- Android introduced changes in 5.0 that broke the logic we use to auto-redirect the user to the application, as well as manual redirect (clicking links). We have fixed auto-redirect on all Android browsers, except Chrome (it no longer support auto-redirect), and we also fixed manual redirect on all browsers.
- Resolved issue where private chat option was not available for mobile participant when hide user count had been enabled.